Annique Baby Rooibos Tea 100g (40 sachets)
You may want to start your baby on Red Bush tea as early as birth!
Instead of adding water to prepare your baby's milk formula, rather use an Organic Red Bush tea like Annique Baby Rooibos that helps to soothe food allergies. It can also be added to baby's bath water to soothe skin irritation and rashes.
The success of Annique and Red Bush tea started as far back as 1968 when the founder of Annique, Dr. Annique Theron, a South African mother, discovered its ability to soothe and calm her baby daughter, relieving the infant of colic and insomnia. Amazed by its natural healing potential, Dr. Theron went on to investigate and document its health promoting properties as a caffeine-free, low-in-tannin tea, which is not just suitable for babies, but for a wide spectrum of age groups, helping to improve allergies and ailments.
Annique Baby Rooibos tea is organic and has been hygienically treated. It is a tea that boasts anti-allergenic, antiviral, anti-spasmodic and antioxidant properties. It is not limited to feeding but babies can also be bathed in the Baby Rooibos tea to treat and prevent skin rashes and sensitivity.
For an anti-allergic and nutritional supplementary drink it is recommended to replace your baby's juice or water with Rooibos Baby tea. It may also be added to a regular bottle feed, but does not replace bottle-feeds or breastfeeding.
To prepare: Add one tea bag to boiling water in a tea pot. Simmer for 5 to 15 minutes to activate the anti-allergic enzymes. It is now ready to be added to your baby’s milk or first cool it down and add to fruit juice when served cold. Red Bush tea has a natural sweet and fruity flavor and does not need not be sweetened with honey or sugar.
Annique Rooibos Baby Tea has been a trusted remedy with moms worldwide for over 45 years. You can give the tea to your little one from a very early age to ease colic, insomnia, food allergies, stomach cramps and eczema. It is an anti-allergic and nutritional supplementary drink. It can help prevent and relief conditions of skin rashes, eczema and sensitivity when added to your baby's bath water. Rooibos Baby Tea is a great replacement for juices and water and may also be added to normal bottle feed. However, it is not a replacement for bottle-feeds and breast feeding.
Annique organic Baby Rooibos tea contains NO caffeine and is LOW in tannin so it won’t deplete your baby’s natural iron reserves.
Much research has been done on the benefits of Rooibos tea. Some of the results have indicated that the tea benefits the digestive system and promotes sound sleep.When the tea is used to prepare milk formula it has a calming and soothing effect on the baby's digestive tract – Please see guidelines below of how to prepare the tea for bottle fed and breast fed babies.
How to Prepare Annique Rooibos Baby Tea **
- Pour boiling water on a tea bag and steep 5-10 minutes to develop the flavour
- For maximum benefit, bring the tea to the boil on the hob and leave for two or three minutes. Do not use a microwave.
- Surplus tea can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours • Use with or without milk as preferred • No sweetener is needed as the Tea has a naturally sweet taste
How to Prepare Milk Formula with Annique's Baby Rooibos Tea**
- Add 1 liter of boiling water to 2 bags of Baby Rooibos tea in a teapot or saucepan
- Simmer for 20 minutes on the hob - keep the brew just under boiling point • Do not do this in the microwave as some of the antioxidants will be destroyed in the heating process
- Pour tea into sterilised bottles; replacing ⅔ (two thirds) of the boiling water that you would normally use to prepare the formula
- Leave to cool
- When it is time to feed baby; add milk formula as prescribed on the tin and use ⅓ boiled water to make up the rest of the bottle
** Baby Rooibos tea on its own does not replace babies formula meals
Baby Rooibos Tea for Breast fed Babies: Offer approximately 25ml of lukewarm Rooibos Baby tea in between feeds with a sterile syringe or dropper. It is also beneficial for Baby if the nursing mum drinks Rooibos tea. Or Add the cold tea to fruit juice for a healthy drink when baby is thirsty.