Annique Rooibos Tea 200g (80 sachets)
From the Good Earth and Mountains of the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa
Annique only sells Super Export Grade Rooibos tea which contains at least 80% Rooibos leaves. Some of the Rooibos tea found on Supermarket shelves contain less than 20% leaves. This is critical since the active ingredients in Rooibos are essentially found in the leaves not the sticks!
- Boosts Immune System: Scientists believe that antioxidants in Rooibos significantly elevate antioxidant levels in blood, boosting the body’s internal defence system against disease. Antioxidants protect the living body from the deleterious effects of free radicals.
- Slowing Ageing Process: Laboratory studies and studies done with animals show that the tea could possibly slow the ageing process, including the progression of dementia.
- Lower Risk of Heart Disease: Researchers also found that biomarkers associated with cardio-vascular disease are significantly reduced by drinking Rooibos tea.
- May Control Diabetes: A study in Japan found that aspalathin in Rooibos tea helped to improve the glucose uptake of muscle cells in Type 2 diabetes, thus helping to maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Fights Allergies: Rooibos can help fight allergies by boosting the production of cytochrome P450, an important enzyme that helps to metabolise allergens. Japanese researchers found that when Rooibos is consumed regularly as a beverage, it helps to improve the allergy status as a result of the increased levels of this enzyme in the body.
- Soothing Stomach Cramps and Colic: Anecdotal evidence also suggests that Rooibos acts as a digestive aid and anti-spasmodic, thereby relieving stomach cramps and colic in babies, as well as symptoms associated with pancreatic sufferers. Rooibos is also used to relieve nervous tension and stomach and bowel irritation, easing the painful symptoms of urinary system diseases such as prostitis and cystitis.
- Lowering Blood Pressure: Chrysoeriol in Rooibos acts affectively as a bronchodilator, with an associated effect on lowering blood pressure and relieving spasms.
- Replacing Hormones: Plant-derived oestrogen, Phytoestrogen, has the potential as an alternative for oestrogens in hormone replacement therapy.
- Soothes Skin Irritations and Acne: Rooibos helps to soothe skin irritations and is also excellent for skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis. It helps to soothe nappy rash and improves acne. Rooibos tea contains no harmful chemicals or preservatives, which may produce allergic reactions or further skin damage. Rooibos contains zinc, which is essential to the skin’s metabolism, as well as its own natural alphahydroxy acid, which is believed to smooth and refine fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pumping Iron: Rooibos has a low tannin content (only 1 - 4%), which means that it doesn’t inhibit the absorption of iron (something that black tea does).
- Protecting the Liver: Researchers in Spain found evidence that Rooibos protects the liver against the accumulation of fat and can help to prevent metabolic disease. It also helps to reduce cholesterol, tryglycerides and free fatty acids.
- Heartburn: Rooibos tea can possibly aid in the relief of heartburn, as it has antispasmodic properties which have been known to calm heartburn.
- Help for Insomnia: Rooibos tea is frequently used as a natural home remedy to help insomnia.
- 100% Good: Researchers know of no side effects associated with the use of Rooibos tea, so it can be consumed freely. It is also safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women and young children.
Rooibos Tea is unlike most other teas naturally caffeine free. This product is all-natural, free of any preservatives or artificial colorants and hygienically treated for your health’s sake.
Rooibos Tea is no ordinary tea. It has a distinctive taste and aroma and it does not contain any kilojoules and therefor is ideal to use while on a diet. No matter how, Rooibos Tea is good for everybody. If thirsty, it quenches; if exercising, it strengthens; if sleepless, it induces sound sleep. Excellent for babies when combined with their bottle-feed. All-in-all the world’s most superb health drink: Annique Rooibos Tea.
Rooibos Tea is an age old traditional drink with 21st century health and beauty applications. The more scientists study this Red tea (Aspalathus linearis) from South Africa, the more they are astounded by the wealth of beneficial properties that the plant possesses.
Annique Health and Beauty has a wide variety of health and lifestyle specific teas. Apart form export quality Rooibos Tea and super healthy Green Rooibos Tea, Annique has combined Rooibos Tea with healthy herbs to assist with particular everyday concerns.
The antioxidants and mineral content in Rooibos Tea have a major beneficial effect on general health.
Drinking Rooibos daily may:
- help fight the free radicals that contribute to chronic diseases such as arteriosclerosis, arthritis, heart disease and cancer;
- help decrease cholesterol levels in the blood, strengthen veins and lymph vessels, and help relieve tired legs, muscle cramps and various circulatory disorders;
- help protect the liver;
- maintain healthy bones and teeth;
- help improve memory;
- counteract anxiety and aid restful sleep;
- soothe stomach cramps and colic in infants;
- improve appetite;
- regulate bowel movements;
- enhance metabolism;
- help fight allergies;
- support healthy skin and ease numerous skin diseases
Directions: Pour boiling water in cup, add one teabag of Rooibos Tea and let it steep for 2 - 5 minutes or boil the tea on the stove for 2 - 5 minutes. Drink as is, preferably without milk and sugar. Do not heat the herbal teas in the microwave oven, as the microwaves may destroy antioxidants in the tea.